Chennai 2021 – Mantra4change and Suriya Foundation are not-for-profit organizations which are currently working on Education, COVID Relief and Emergency Response. They have worked very closely with various departments of government supporting various COVID Relief and Emergency Response activities. So far they have distributed around 10000+ ration kits , fed around 50000 people and sent more than 3000 migrant workers back to their natives during the pandemic as a part of our Emergency Response Work. And also supported 9 COVID designated hospitals , 21 PHC’s and ICMR Belgaum with critical medical consumables . They have set up around 100 + oxygenated beds across rural areas spanning in 6 states of Karnataka , Andhra Pradesh , Assam , Tamilnadu , Nagaland & Kerala.
“We are impressed by the excellent performance of the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Mr. Stalin, we and our volunteers have aggressively garnered support from like minded donors to support people of Chennai during this crisis. We are distributing around 1000 ration kits, 1000 hygiene kits, 2000 dry food kits to the people affected by floods. We hope that this help will go a long way in serving the needy. We would like to support the efforts of the Government of Tamil Nadu to act under the guidance of the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Mr. Stalin. His tireless effort gave us great inspiration. The initiative is supported by Zerodha through mantra and Suriya foundation” says Puneeth. T, Project Lead.
As a part of our continued efforts to work on Emergency Response, we have planned to support around 1000 families affected due to flood with the below mentioned relief materials he further says.
1. Grocery Kit (Rice, Dal, Channa, Fried Gram, Oil, Atta, Bansi Soji, Salt, Sugar, Sambar powder, Tea Powder, Milk Powder, Chilli Powder, Soap, Tooth Paste)
2. Medicine Kit (NON-PRESCRIPTION DRUGS: Aspirin or nonaspirin pain reliever, Anti-diarrhea medication, Antacid (for stomach upset), Antipyretic (for Fever), Mask, Sanitiser, Sterile adhesive bandages in assorted sizes, 2-inch and 4-inch sterile gauze pads (4-6), Triangular bandages (3), 2-inch and 3-inch sterile roller bandages (3 rolls))
3. Hygiene Kit (sanitary pads)
4. Basic Flood Survival Kit (Energy bars, Body warmers, Emergency blanket, Rain poncho, Warm Jackets/Sweaters, Umbrella, Water storage container, Drinking cup, TarCandles ,match boxes ,Mosquito coils)
5. Dry Foods (Biscuits, Maggi, Baby foods) The relief materials will be given to beneficiaries personally by our volunteers by visiting the affected areas and communities.
This initiative is supported by the CSR arm of Zerodha – Largest stock broker in India. The total donation is worth over INR 25,00,000/- ( Twenty Five Lakh Rupees ).